Sunday, March 17, 2013

The TWIG - A new resource for women



Welcome to our first blog post for the TWIG. What is the TWIG? It is intended to be a resource for our women at Burnt Hickory. We will strive to keep it positive and informative at all times. We would love to hear from you as we post to you on a weekly basis. This is an open blog to the women of the church...if you have an article you would like to share please feel free to submit it to us for review. 

Coming off of our annual Women’s Retreat at Burnt Hickory, we can truly say that we are a blessed church. We enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the beautiful facility Cohutta Springs Conference Center,  in the N. Georgia mountains and so many women were touched by what Peg Fewell had to say and all the hard work that Waleska White, Ann Ashley and Myrna Chapple put into planning and implementing this event…Thank you ladies!

Looking back at where we have been with our women’s ministry and the rich history we have, Janice, Tracie and myself are looking forward to continuing to grow our ministry and build it into a ministry that will truly bless women of all ages and walks of life as we strive to teach Bible, make disciples and experience community.

Our theme for this year will be taken from Jeremiah 29:11-13, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

We have so many great ideas going through our hearts that we may have to narrow them down a bit but please know that we are working hard to build a ministry that will speak well of our female saints at Burnt Hickory.

We ask that you will keep us in your prayers through the next few years as we try to best lead us all in a stronger and closer relationship to the Lord and one another. Feel free to come to us with your ideas and dreams and we look forward to hearing from you.

Made in His Image,

Tracie Shields, Judi Sparks and Janice Stroud

3 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of our women's ministry and this new tool. I look forward to what TWIGs will do for our church family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting and encouraging. The very first time I visited Burnt Hickory, I knew it was a special place and what I was able to see and experience connected with what was in my heart. As women our needs are unique as we grow through our various life stages. I feel blessed to be among women who recognize this truth and are equipped to lead. I am excited and ready to use my gifts and abilities for God's glory and the edification of my sisters. My prayers are with the Women's Ministry that it will align with God's will for each of us. And for each of the ministry leaders I pray for leadership that is pleasing and acceptable to God and that you are used in mighty ways beyond anything we could imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing blog and I am so excited to learn more. My first Sunday at Burnt Hickory was a blessing it was like I was meant to be there. I am excited to learn more about the church and the women's ministry. Being new to the Georgia area I am interested to learn more from each of you.

    ReplyDelete